Monday, November 24, 2008

Fourteen Days of Thanks - Day 11

Day 10: I am thankful for Mondays that only come once a week.

So who out there loves Mondays? I do like them, yes. But some Mondays make me glad they only come once a week. Today was one of those days. I've been working on a project for the past week and a half at work. It was due this Wednesday. Well, since we are going out of town for Thanksgiving and leaving tomorrow, I had until tomorrow at noon to finish it. So I get in to work this morning and proceed to wrap up a few of the remaining details, printing and proofing the packet. Then I find out that because of a small oversight (not on my part), it can't go out this week. So it will be pushed back until next week. Normally this would be great. Extra time to finish is always good. I guess since I had been working extra hard to finish before I left, I felt a little frustrated. That with some other deadlines I had to meet made for a little overwhelming day. Thankfully I have a God who is in control of all my deadlines and knows exactly how things are going to turn out. I have a great friend and co-leader who is ok with me calling just so I can get things out and move on. She is a great listener. Thanks J! I have a husband who is working a 12 hr. shift tonight when nights shifts really aren't his thing. Love you Randy! And thankfully Mondays only come once a week and this one is almost complete. Just a few more bags to pack, clothes to fold, and prayers to say. See you tomorrow!

No comments :