Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Randy's 26th Birthday

Randy turned 26 this weekend. It was his weekend to work, so I was planning on getting his present and cake/brownies ready on Saturday while he was working. Well, he woke up on Saturday morning with a horrible migraine. So bad he had to call in and stay home from work. I was glad I was going to get all day to spend with him, (he got home from NM on Tues and was heading to Tyler on Monday, so this was great!), but I had to rethink my plans for his surprise.

See I decided to get him a tent for his birthday. However, if any of you have been shopping with Randy, you know he has a hard time deciding what he really wants. :) And he is very particular about certain things - tents being one of them. His mom wanted to go in on it with me, so she sent me the gift card and I was going to find a small kiddie tent to wrap the gift card up with. That way he would have something to open on his birthday, but still get to go pick out exactly which tent he wanted. The thing was I hadn't found the kiddie tent yet, so wasn't sure how I was going to go get it, wrap it and make his brownies with him at the apartment. Birthdays have always been a big deal for me and my family and I want them to be special in our family now as well. So after a shower (I think best in the shower! lol!), I decided to see if he would be willing to be blindfolded and go with me on a trip. I figured I could blindfold him, take him to the store and then give him the gift card once we got there. He agreed, after much persuasion that I wasn't going to embarrass him (intentionally).

So I found his sunglasses and he helped me to rig them with paper so he couldn't see out them. We loaded up in the car and off we went.

Randy patiently smiling for me so I could blog about this later.


Randy telling me I'm a dork for taking a picture at the red light.


Taking a pic of the card once we got in the store.

Randy is really hard to surprise. I don't know how many times I hand him a wrapped gift with no distinct shape or weight and he has guessed what is in the box. So once we pulled into the parking garage at the mall, he had an idea where we were. I did confuse him a bit though when I went a different way to get there. :)


Randy as he took off his blindfold/sunglasses. I think he was surprised!


Looking at the tents.

We didn't end up getting the tent here, so no pics of that. I didn't take my camera in to the other store, as I didn't want to embarrass Randy there too.

We did find him a tent and it was a bargain! We haven't set it up yet, but when we do, I'll make sure to post pics. I also got him a camp cook set and some utensils for camping.

Here are his birthday brownies. I learned my lesson after his first birthday after we got married. Unless you have enough time to let the cake cool properly before you ice it, stick with brownies. If you are wondering what I am talking about, try this post.








Randy + Fire = Heaven (for him!)




The only pic I got of us on his birthday.




Eyeing up the competition.


Look at that form!

Love you Randy! Hope your birthday was great. Can't wait to see what is in store for the year to come!

No comments :