Monday, July 21, 2008

Week 2 of the 100 Push-ups Challenge

Ok, so today starts week 2 of the 100 push-up challenge (read the previous post if you have no idea what I am referring to). Week 1 wasn't really that bad - or so I thought. I initially could only max out with 10 push-ups and that was literally ALL I could do. Week 1 worked me up from there to maxing out with 15 - after doing a set of 10, resting 120 seconds, a set of 8, resting 120 seconds, a set of 8, resting 120 seconds, and a set of 5, then resting 120 seconds. So all together I did 46 push-ups! 46! That's 4 times what I could do at one time when I started. I'm excited to see what week 2 does for me. Oh, and Randy is doing this with me and he maxed out with 25 (I think) after doing a set of 15, resting, a set of 13, resting, a set of 10, resting, and a set of 10, then resting. So he did 73! Wow!

And yes, to those who were wondering - I am sore today. I didn't have much soreness last week, but on Saturday night we played Wii Boxing with friends. Let's just say, I'm extra sore today! Here's to week 2!

2 comments :

Lacey said...

I love your blog and the push-up challenge. Jon and I find that we have a gym membership, but no time or motivation to actually go...

I'm going to have to get busy writing now!

~Cammy~ said...

Rachel,
How do you get that cute picture collage/scrapbook header on your blog? I would love to put one on my blog of Rick and the kids, but I don't know how. Please help me!