Friday, March 16, 2012

Panic. Otherwise known as the day I started going gray.

I am so behind on the girls monthly updates and blogging in general. Life with two and as a stay at home mom is so busy, fun and tiring. Totally worth it but blogging doesn't have a top priority right now. Anyways, I had to document this event for my memory and hopefully to share with Avery someday when she has kids.

Today, Friday, March 16, 2012 you Avery Harrelson locked Mommy and Claire out of the house. You aren't even two yet! Really?! We had run to Target for some things and when we got home you left your taggie "blankie" in the car. I started dinner and you realized you forgot blankie. You came to me and said, "Blankie in car." I remembered you had left it and said I'd go get it for you. I was wearing Clsire in the Moby Wrap and the car was in the garage. I went out to the garage and closed the door behind me so you wouldn't get into Daddy's tools in the garage. I walked to your side of the car opened the door and got blankie. I had the fleeting thought, "I hope she doesn't lock me out." and of all times I didn't have my phone with me. I walk back to the door and sure enough you had locked it. At this point my brain was trying to figure out how to get back into the house and every option I could think of wouldn't work. I opened the garage door because it was getting warm and I had Claire. I could hear you saying "mommy" and laughing. I kept trying to get you to unlock it. I tried Daddy's way of getting in but it didn't work. He says I didn't do it right. I'd almost given up and was going to head to the neighbors to call Daddy when you unlocked the door. Thank you God! I kept praying you wouldn't hurt yourself while we were waiting to get the door opened. I also was running through a list of things that I should have done to childproof better. Silly I know but I was worried. You thought the whole thing was a game and laughed when I opened the door. I know you didn't mean to but I think you gave Mommy a few gray hairs today.

I love you punkin-doodle but please, PLEASE don't ever lock me out again!

P.S. The whole episode took maybe five minutes. :)

No comments :