Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Avery's 3rd Month

Avery - you are 3 months old already! You have been a part of our lives for 3 months or about 100 days and they have been wonderful! Mommy can't seem to remember what we did without you. The months before you were born were spent packing, moving, unpacking, painting, all a blur for the most part. But once you made your arrival, all the time spent preparing was so worth it.

3rd Month Milestones - 8/4/10

Height - ??? Mommy needs to measure you. You didn't have a doctor's visit this month so we aren't sure.
Weight - about 10.5 lbs?? Again, no check-up so Mommy just did a guess-timate by weighing herself then weighing herself and you.

Sleeping - Your naps during the day are about 45 minutes to 1 hour. If you are really tired you'll sleep for 2 hours, but that is rare. :) We put you to bed around 8 or 8:30 and you usually sleep until about 1 or 2, eat, then go back to sleep until Mommy wakes you up at 7 or so. Mommy can't complain.

Eating - You eat every 3 to 4 hours during the day, about 4 oz. or so, and usually only wake once to eat at night.  We have tried feeding you cereal (shhhh! don't tell Dr. M!) even though you aren't 4 months yet. Sometimes you just seem like you aren't satisfied with milk, so we give you cereal. So far you like it. It isn't a daily occurance, but about 2 to 3 times a week.

New discoveries - Your hands! You have officially found your hands and love chewing/sucking on them. If your paci falls out and we don't notice, you just pop 2 or 3 fingers in your mouth and are good to go. You also enjoy chewing on your fist. Teething here we come!  You also seem to recognize me and Daddy more. Daddy can get you to smile from across the room.

New accomplishments - You laughed! At 13 weeks, Mommy was packing for an overnight date with Daddy and you were sitting on the bed in your bumbo. Mommy made a raspberry/zurbert sound and you laughed. I wasn't sure if it was a real one or not, so I did it again and you laughed again. I called Daddy in and we spent the next 10 minutes blowing raspberries making you laugh. Too cute.

Places you went - You and Mommy took a girls weekend and went to OK to see Nonna & Poppa. We also went to Ada to see Uncle Daniel and Aunt April and their new apartment. Mommy started back to work this month and you started staying with your first sitter (other than family) - Ms. Marilyn. I think you love it. I can't tell who has more fun, you or Ms. Marilyn! Mommy has an easier time leaving for work, knowing you are so loved by Marilyn. Nonna and Poppa also kept you overnight so Mommy and Daddy could have a night out. They said you were perfect, of course!

Special Memories - Ms.Marilyn sends Mommy pictures of you on her phone throughout the day so Mommy can see you. As much as Mommy misses being with you, it is the best thing to open one up and see your face. I know you are having so much and learning so much with Ms. Marilyn.

Sweet girl - you are growing so quickly. Everyone says it just gets better from here, and I know that is probably true, but somedays I wish I could just freeze time. I love that I get to wake you up in the mornings and watch you stretch and make your noises. I love that moment when you finally open your eyes and greet the world. Good morning sunshine! I love that lately when I try to put you down to sleep at night you suddenly are wide awake. That just means we get to rock and snuggle some more.
 
Love you baby girl!
 
~Mommy & Daddy
9 weeks
10 weeks
11 weeks
12 weeks
13 weeks - we are waiting for her 3 month pics

Loving her bumbo chair
Sweet face
Silly face

3 comments :

shadesofgreykevyn.blogspot.com said...

OMG....the hair...the dark hair. Love it. She is adorable. I hope you guys are doing great.

shadesofgreykevyn.blogspot.com said...

Hey girl...yes- the company decided that they weren't hiring right now...who knows what will happen. I wanted to let you know that I erased your comment off of my blog because I have a few friends here who read it and their husbands work with Kyle. He doesn't want anyone from his work to know that he's looking. I feel so rude that I had to do that- but I know you totally understand. I'm so glad we have blogs so that we can keep up with each other. Hopefully we will get back sooner rather than later. Are you staying home now?

Jacob Haynes said...

Laura and I were just talking (last night in fact) that it has been forever since we’ve hung out. I think all of us have been terribly busy but things seem to be slowing down a bit for us (hence the assault of blog post as of late). So we would love to hang out sometime and have Laura meet Avery and whatnot. Not this weekend but next (the 28th – 29th) we are mostly free. If sometime during that weekend doesn’t work maybe we could meet on an evening after work (Thursdays or Mondays work best for us but any night we can make work). We are cool with driving out to your house but are flexible to do anything y’all want. Talk to you soon.