Monday, February 23, 2009

Baby Gatlin's shower

So I know I said I would blog about our Valentine's Day, but I'm going to interrupt and blog about Baby Gatlin and his upcoming arrival.

Randy & I met Seth & Jami (and Mason & Elli) when we first started coming to TCAL (before it met in a school). Randy immediately bonded (don't tell Randy I used that not-so-manly word to describe him) with Seth. They were two peas in a pod. So much a like that sometimes it was/is scary. Anyways, I met Jami and we became friends. Little did I know how close we would be 3 years later!

Life happened and Seth & Jami had to move away for Seth's job. They packed up everything (including my ECU sweatshirt) and moved out west. We missed them, but TCAL was growing so we were making new friends. Then in the summer of 2007, we were at Lake Joe Pool for a baptism service/celebration. Who walks up? Jami and Elli!!! I was so excited. We caught up with them and started hanging out again. Jami started helping me with KidRidge stuff (blessing in disguise) and the guys picked right up where they had left off.

Fast forward to this past summer and we found out they were expecting. Mason and Elli were going to have a little brother/sister!! We helped them move to a new house and get settled in. They found out baby Gatlin was a boy and then all there was to do was wait - until February. Since this was their third, and most people don't get/give showers for the third child, Courtney and I decided we wanted to give them a diaper shower instead. Diapers and wipes are something you can always use when you have a baby - so no harm in people giving more. We started planning and I found the cutest paper at Hobby Lobby. We used it for the invitations and Courtney used it for decoration at the shower.

I got the idea to make a diaper cake and with Courtney's help, it turned out rather well.

The shower was this past Saturday, which was a little late considering Jami is having a c-section tomorrow at 7 am. But it worked for us and was a great time of celebration and anticipation. Here are some of my favorite pics from the festivities:

From Baby Gatlin
The diaper cake, and muffins

From Baby Gatlin
The clothes line full of little clothes

From Baby Gatlin
The guests

From Baby Gatlin
The games

From Baby Gatlin
Opening presents - lots and lots of diapers and wipes

From Baby Gatlin
Elli opening her Big Sister shirt

From Baby Gatlin
Elli opening Baby Gatlin's Little Brother Shirt

From Baby Gatlin
Elli opening Mason's Big Brother Shirt - you can tell she was excited

From Baby Gatlin
More presents

From Baby Gatlin
The guest of honor and hostesses - Janet, Courtney, Jami, & Me

From Baby Gatlin
Jami and Jen - sisters

From Baby Gatlin
The clothesline after the presents were opened - new outfits

From Baby Gatlin
One last diaper cake shot

Jami is having her c-section tomorrow morning at 7 am, so if you are up that early say a prayer for her and Seth. I'm going to be guest blogging on her blog with updates (i.e. pictures) as I get them. Stay tuned to meet little Gatlin!

No comments :