Monday, September 24, 2007

The Weekend

Randy & I had a great weekend. Just visiting with friends, church, small group, resting, etc. One of my best friends Tiffany came in to spend the weekend with us. Tiffany and I have known each other since 1st grade (we think) and good friends since 3rd grade. We can't really figure out when we first met, but that doesn't matter, right?! :) Anyways, I got to thinking about my life and how much Tiffers has been a part of it. So I thought I would give you a snapshot of our friendship and let Tiffers know how special she is to me and now Randy!


This is probably the earliest photo I have to Tiff and me. It was the 1st grade field day and we were running the 100 yd. dash. I am in the dark pink shirt, blue shorts and pig tails. Tiff is in the lighter pink shirt with curly red hair. This is probably the only time in our lives I beat Tiff in a race! ha ha ha!


This next one was taken when we were in the 4th grade, Mrs. Armstrong's class. The 4th grade had a tradition of reinacting the Oklahoma Land Run every year. We picked our "families" and made our own "covered wagons." Then we were given stakes and allowed to go pick our "plot" of land. Tiffany and I, along with Natalie and Ramon, made quite the family. Oh, and the little person in the corner of the photo is my little brother Daniel who had to be a part of the action too! Don't you love our wagons, stick horse and lunch!

Then we move on to 5th grade. This was after our end of year awards/promotion ceremony. Our moms checked us out of school early that day and we got to spend the afternoon at Tiffany's house. We thought we were so grown up! I'm just glad I wasn't the shortest one, that would be our friend A.J. By the way, what do you think of our choice in fashion? Pretty cool for the 90's, huh? :)


I'm almost hesitant to post this next picture. It could probably be taken and used against us, but oh well! We were having Nerd, Geek, and Dweeb Night at church in Middle school and this is what resulted. Please don't hold it against us! We only were getting into the spirit of the night!

On to high school, where things got a little more civilized. Here are a few from high school in random places:




Then we graduated and left for college, ECU Tigers! Tiff and I ended up living on the same floor in the dorm we were in. Thank goodness for that. We both wanted to spread our wings a little, but it was so good to know Tiff was just down the hall when I needed someone familiar. Ask Tiff sometime what our dorm floor smelled like after cooking sauerkraut and weenies! Yum!

Next came Graduation. Me from ECU and Tiff from TWU. We had finally done it. School was finished (for now) and we were ready to start our lives in the "real" world. We both always wondered why they call it the real world? What were we living in before that, a fake one? Anyways, I digress. I got a job in Dallas working for Fossil and Tiff got a teaching job in Gainesville. We didn't get to see each other as much, but still did our best to maintain our friendship.

Now to my wedding. From the day Randy proposed, Tiff was there to offer help and support. She listened to me try to decide on flowers and a cake, went with me when I had my bridal portraits made, planned my personal shower and bachelorette weekend, designed our wedding programs (and dealt with all the printing problems), and created an amazing wedding scrapbook for Randy & I to use to capture all our wedding memories. I know she helped with way more than I listed here. These were just some of the highlights. She went above and beyond the call of a friend and for that, I want to say thank you, Tiffany!


You have been an amazing friend to me through the years. I can't wait to see what God has planned for both of us in the future. Even though we don't see each other as much as we used to, know that I love you (and Randy does too!). You are very special to us and our door is always open to you. Love you!

1 comment :

ninepoundhammer said...

I think it's great that you and Tiff (or is it Tiffers...or the Tiffinator?) have been friends as long as you have. I've never had a long-term friendship with another guy, so I must admit to a bit of jealousy.

However, I am building that sort of relationship with many of the men at church--a true blessing from God.

Proverbs 18:24-- 'A man of many companions may come to ruin,
but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.'